Gamigo US is a thriving and fast-growing company within the games market. We have an ample portfolio of online and mobile games at our command, including a variety of leading MMO role playing and strategy games. Our company focuses primarily on games operations in the European and American markets. With millions of registered users and a broad range of gaming portals, gamigo US is one of the leading providers in the gaming sector.
Gamigo US is looking for a veteran Principal 2D Artist to work on an exciting, unannounced game title! This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the direction of the game’s art style. This position requires someone with a wide range of artistic ability to maximize their effectiveness to solve creative and complex problems. The ideal candidate is highly flexible and capable of working on a small team focused on prototyping and rapid iteration.
- Conceptualize, design, and produce a wide range of 2D game art (buildings, props, characters, icons, and banners).
- Compose, illustrate, and polish themed environment compositions with characters.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with the team to iterate and push ideas forward.
- Review and provide feedback to our internal team and outsourcing resources.
- 5+ years of 2D game art experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a wide range of character, environment, and object design
- Credited with at least 2 shipped titles
- Extensive working knowledge of Photoshop
- Ability to create multiple concept iterations and steer within design constraints
- Excellent 2D drawing skills with a strong grasp of composition, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment and architecture
- Deep understanding of asset pipelines and how to implement art into a game-engine like Unity
- Willingness to receive feedback and rework material while maintaining a fresh perspective
- Exceptionally effective verbal and written communicator to lead projects with cross functional teams
- Highly self-motivated and performance-driven
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask requirements while meeting deadlines
- UI/UX Experience
- Able to produce comprehensive style guides
- Familiarity with multi-player platformer titles